Think of this is a warmup to Chicago Craft Beer Week. Much like that upcoming
ten eleven-day stretch, there are a ton of Mash events happening all over the city. We thought we’d highlight the ones that caught our eye to keep your head from exploding — or at least to do a solid for those of you who may be indecisive.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Brewmaster’s Reserve Tap Attack
- What and Who: Brooklyn Brewery is taking over the taps at The Owl with an all-star line-up of our Brewmaster’s Reserve series past and present. We’ll have our current Brewmaster’s Reserve: Hammarby Syndrome, as well as select past favorites such as Cuvée la Boîte and Fire and Ice.
- Where: The Owl, 2521 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, IL
- When: Starts at 8:00 PM
Monday, April 28, 2014:
Craft Beer Revolution with Brooklyn Brewery
- What and Who: Brooklyn Brewery co-founder Steve Hindy looks back with his fellow craft beer comrades including Michael Kiser (of Good Beer Hunting), Tracy Hurst(founder of Metropolitan Brewing), John Hall (founder of Goose Island) and Kevin Cary (founder of Begyle Brewing)to discuss the circumstances and ambitions that allowed a handful of individuals across the country to challenge one of the largest corporate dynasties in American history. Then they’ll look ahead to the future of good beer and talk about the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for American craft beer.
- Where: Howells and Hood, 435 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: $6)
Friday, May 2, 2014:
Slow Supper with Dinner Lab
- What and Who:This pop-up dinner party, hosted in a unique, non-traditional location, embodies The Mash. In each city we visit, we bring together some of our favorite people to create a memorable meal and moment. Born and raised in Chicago, Chef Daniel Espinoza, Dinner Lab’s Chef de Cuisine, will collaborate with Brooklyn’s Chef Andrew Gerson to pair each dish with various Brooklyn beers.
- Where: Surprise location, announced day-of
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: TBD)
Saturday, May 3, 2014:
Mash EDU: Homebrewer Edition
- What and Who: Homebrewing: the art of conjuring magic in liquid form. Whether you are a learned veteran with more brewing equipment than living space or this is the first time beer has ever sparked your interest, this is the event for you. Join Jared Saunders of Brew Camp as he shares with you the hard lessons of homebrewing.
- Where: Dark Matter Coffee, 738 North Western Avenue, Chicago, IL
- When: Starts at 2:00 PM (Win tickets, here)
If these don’t strike your fancy or you want to see what else is happening, you can find a full schedule here.