Illinois, and the Chicago area in particular, had a strong showing at this weekends Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado.
Here are the winners from the Land of Lincoln (and one neighbor from Indiana):
– Category: 3 Fruit Beer, 58 Entries
Bronze: Strawberry Blonde Ale, DESTIHL, Normal, IL
– Category: 4 Fruit Wheat Beer, 38 Entries
Bronze: 5 Lizard Latin-Style Witbier, 5 Rabbit Cerveceria, Bedford Park, IL
– Category: 18 American-Belgo-Style Ale, 71 Entries
Bronze: A Little Crazy, Revolution Brewing, Chicago, IL
– Category: 48 English-Style India Pale Ale, 54 Entries
Gold: India Pale Ale, Goose Island Beer Co., Chicago, IL
– Category: 50 American-Style Pale Ale, 109 Entries
Gold: Brickstone APA, Brickstone Brewery, Bourbonnais, IL
Silver: The Weight, Piece Brewery, Chicago, IL
Bronze: Zombie Dust, Three Floyds Brewing Co., Munster, IN
– Category: 66 South German-Style Hefeweizen, 70 Entries
Silver: Ebel’s Weiss, Two Brothers Brewing Co., Warrenville, IL
– Category: 70 Belgian- and French-Style Ale, 68 Entries
Bronze: Domaine DuPage, Two Brothers Brewing Co., Warrenville, IL
– 2012 Great American Beer Festival Pro-Am Competition
Silver: Pointon’s Proper – An English Mild RAM Restaurant and Brewery – Wheeling, Wheeling, IL Brewmaster: Lanny Fetzer, AHA Member: Scott Pointon
It’s nice to see the Chicago area (using that geographically loosely) get a clean sweep in the “American-Style Pale Ale” category. It’s also nice to see the relatively unknown Zombie Dust from Three Floyds get some hardware.
And, yes, we know Goose’s IPA is brewed in upstate New York now but we still felt inclined to include it.
Congrats to all the Illinois brewers who placed and participated in this years GABF.
With all the new breweries coming online this year, here’s to hoping for an even stronger showing next year.